Navigation Page

Sunday 24 August 2014

I Love You, Sweetheart...

Dear good scrappers,
this month has been a busy month. Tried to catch up with all the routine I used to have, but still I have to prepare for the upcoming party for my little girl. So this month, I just had a few post. So sorry...
Anyway, I would like to join the challenge from Color Stories Inspiration with the mood board below
I have used all the colors, as the evidence I used polka dots, arrow (on the frame), rhinestones for sparkles and ribbon. For the testimony I chose one of the question from Happiness Happens Journal Prompt no. 49. Write a poem about a person who makes you happy.

The layout was made based on the sketch from Once Upon A Sketch
instead of having it normal, I rotate the canvas to the left before I used it on my layout.

 the challenge from Pixels and Paper Challenge with the moodboard below
The colors of the sheeps are quite challenging. I love green. I love yellow. I love pink and blue, but so far, never really having it all together in a page. 
and Allsorts Challenge with the theme "Bright Sunshiny Colours"
So here's my layout...
It took a while to actually finish this page. It took me almost two weeks before I made my decision and finally putting all together. For the background I made a lot of works. The color of the paper was already strong red. So I did like normal with structure paste and gesso. Not to forget some stamping and rub-ons. After it dried, I realize that the paper was still to strong for the other colors to combine, so I decided to add more gesso to soften the background (to be honest, I did a few times gesso on the background since I've made a few mistakes as well, good to know you have gesso to cover your mistakes). When I'm happy with the results, I added pigment ink from LuminArte with Blue Bayou and Forest Green. Arranged the layout with all the ribbons, lace, plastic canvas and cheese cloths.
I also added Glass Microspheres and Micro Glass Beads from 13arts to add more structure in my page.
For the journal I had it in the back of the page. It said, 
"Each day is a gift. Each moment is a blessing. Each person is a wonder. 
And YOU are all of these: a gift, a blessing and a wonder. I love you, sweetheart." 
Hope you enjoyed it!

Thank you Color Stories Inspiration, Once Upon A Sketch, Pixels and Paper Challenge and Allsorts Challenge for the challenge.
Hugs, Merry

10 comments:

  1. A stunning page Merry - the colours and all the little details are just fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us on Pixels and Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is beautiful. I love the textures and layering!! Thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can see all the work you have done on the background....isn't gesso WONDERFUL stuff???? Love the way you've interpreted our OUAS challenge - it's a gorgeous LO:):) Thanks so much for sharing it with us this month!!! And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT layout, I love how you used the sketch and that background looks super.!Thanks for joining us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is true work of art. I love the colours on this fab mixed media page and it works so well with the b&w photos...brilliantly done....thank you for playing with our challenge At Pixels and Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous mixed media page. I love how you have done your background... gesso is such a great medium! Thank you for sharing how you have done your background. It's always interesting to find out how papers can be altered for a special purpose. Thank you for joinng us at P & P. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you have incorporated the colors in your great mixed media backgound. Very well done, and thanks for playing with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great page so stunning love all the texture thanks for joining us at P&P this month xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks very pretty, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely piece of artwork Merry, thanks so much for sharing your creativity adn joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete